The Apache CouchDB development community is proud to announce the immediate availability of 🎉 CouchDB version 2.0. 🎉 Read the blog post.
PouchDB 6.0.5 is out! See the release details on GitHub.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb 2.0.0 – CouchDB 2.0’s prime new feature is native support for clustering and is 99% API compatible with the 1.x series.
- angular-pouchdb 5.0.0 – AngularJS wrapper for PouchDB
- metadata-pouchdb 2.0.0-beta.3 – PouchDB data adapter for metadata.js
- pouchdb-react-native 6.1.9 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
- pouchdb-repository 0.3.0 – Simple repository for PouchDB
- pouchy 11.0.0 – A simple, opinionated interface for the amazing PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [PODCAST] The New Builders Ep. 19: Start Small, Scale Big – Apache CouchDB 2.0 Is Here
- [POST] Apache CouchDB 2.0 is Here, Douglas Flora
- [POST] Apache CouchDB can now scale from big data to mobile, Jagmeet Singh
- [TUTORIAL] Ionic Framework with PouchDB, CouchDB, and all that fun jazz, James Hughes
- [POST] CouchDB 2.0 adds clustering and an easier query language, Serdar Yegulalp
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Financier is now available. Here’s why you should give it a try. Alexander Harding
- [SLIDES] How to build a reliable checkout experience (Using Node.js, PouchDB and Replicated Transaction Documents), Pedro Teixeira
- [RFC] Add Safari 10 support for IDB
- [POST] Synching PouchdDB with remote DB, Gleb Bahmutov
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Delete expired documents in CouchDB
- Access Futon via IP address of the remote instance
- Reduce output must shrink more rapidly, on adding new document
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Rockwell Automation Project Stanton – This app enables industrial plants to increase productivity by 33 seconds per hour instantly for every industrial role with zero friction (and it’s built with Angular.js and PouchDB).
- PouchDB get remote data then remove it from device
- Partial syncing in PouchDB / CouchDB with a particular scenario
- PouchDB not getting attachments with query()
- How do I get an object from PouchDB without promise?
no public answer yet:
- pouchdb-server unidirectional replication
- Angular form for create/update record in PouchDB without object mapping
- Updating PouchDB when the page is closed
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- TODAY: September 22, Vancouver, B.C., Big Data Ingest & Transform Vancouver:Couchbase Day 2016
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Full Stack Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- Senior Software Engineer – Applications, Chicago (IL), US
- Front End Developer, Triangle (NC), US
- Senior Architect, Addison (TX), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI) US
- Author Data Science Videos at Lynda, Carpinteria (CA), US/Remote
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- (NEW) Modern Server Developer, Gainesville (FL), US
- Experienced Senior PHP Developer Pepper.com, Berlin, Germany
- Principal Software Engineer, Singapore
- Principal Software Engineer – IP Video, Denver (CO), US
Time to relax with lessons on “mindfulness”!
- “Everybody is talking about mindfulness, but nobody seems to be able to explain clearly what the heck it really is. Ask people and you’ll hear, ‘Umm, be in the moment and SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING, uh, meditation.’ But is it merely the latest fad? Actually, no. And there isn’t some looming deathmatch between mindfulness and neuroscience, between East and West. They’re actually on the same page. Research shows mindfulness works.” – How mindfulness makes your brain happy
- “Mindfulness meditation isn’t about letting your thoughts wander. But it isn’t about trying to empty your mind, either. Instead, the practice involves paying close attention to the present moment — especially our own thoughts, emotions and sensations — whatever it is that’s happening.” How to Meditate
- “Anyone who has ever lain in bed stressing about work, relived an argument in their head, or even flipped through Instagram will know how much this can disrupt sleep. Get in bed without screens and pay close attention to how every part of your body feels as you lie there, perhaps stretching from head to toe. Focus on your breathing and heartbeat to calm your busy mind. ” – 9 Easy Ways To Fit Mindfulness Into Your Daily Life
- “Every tiny action that you take in a day is an opportunity to be mindful. Drinking coffee. Brushing your teeth. Waiting in line. Picking your nose. Flushing the toilet. If you can bring yourself to be really present in these moments, then life’s mundanities and unpleasantries will be revealed to you as the treasures they truly are. You’ve probably heard this before. You probably see stories and tips about mindfulness online every day. But did you realize that reading these articles is also an opportunity to be mindful?” – How to Be Mindful While Reading Mindfulness Articles
- “An eight week study conducted by Harvard researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital determined that meditation literally rebuilds the brain’s grey matter in just eight weeks. It’s the very first study to document that meditation produces physiological changes.” – Beyond The Brain: Mindfulness For Leaders
- “As I’ve learned through Headspace, it’s not actually useful to sit there with your eyes closed and expend energy trying to rid your mind of all thought. In one of Puddicombe’s animated tutorials, he portrays the basics of mindfulness meditation with a simple metaphor: ‘Imagine yourself sitting by a busy highway. Cars continue to pass by. You can choose to sit there and notice the cars without focusing on any of them, or you can follow a car down the road.’” – I’ve become much less stressed thanks to a simple lesson from a meditation app loved by Wall Streeters and Olympic athletes