CouchDB Next (see thread)
Jan Lehnardt lays out the direction of moving CouchDB forward with specific requests on areas like API, storage, query, etc.
CouchDB 2.0 as Snap (see thread)
Michael Hall suggests making the new version of CouchDB available as a Snap package for users of Ubuntu.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- CouchDB Exporter – CouchDB stats exporter for Prometheus
- couchdb-promises 1.0.0 – ES6 promises-based CouchDB client
- rest-on-couch 1.1.0 – Interface to CouchDB that allows the control of permissions on the documents
- pouch-redux-middleware 0.5.0 – PouchDB Redux Middleware
- pouchdb-adapter-http-react-native 1.0.4 – Build of pouchdb-adapter-http optimized for pouchdb-react-native
- pouchdb-react-native 6.1.14 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Get a free Cloudant Local database instance in less than a minute, Rohit Agarwal
- [VIDEO] developerWorks newsblast: Cloudbot, CouchDB 2’s new features, join Hyperledger
- [POST] CouchDB Document Copy and Transform Service, Patrick Titzler
- [POST] Single Page Application with Angular.js, Node.js and CouchDB, Angular.js News
- [POST] A gentle introduction to CouchDB for relational practitioners, Baron Schwartz
- [VIDEO] Passion Talk: Scaling Offline First with Apache CouchDB, Bradley Holt
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [VIDEO] How to Build a Reliable Checkout Experience, Pedro Teixeira
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How do I add the moment.js library to Cloudant NoSQL Design Doc on Bluemix
- Include all referenced documents in CouchDB
no public answer yet:
- CouchDB 1.6.1 timeouts after successful compaction of large databases
- CouchDB filtered replication for docs AND fields
- How to sync CouchDB and PostgreSQL
- Nginx with SSO and CouchDB
- Unable to send CouchDB data to elasticsearch using logstash
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA) with Angular 2 Show Case, including storing data with PouchDB, Manfred Steyer
No public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- October 22, Madrid, Spain: Polymer Day: Offline-First apps with Polymer and PouchDB
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Full Stack Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- Senior Software Engineer – Applications, Chicago (IL), US
- Front End Developer, Triangle (NC), US
- Senior Architect, Addison (TX), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI) US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- Modern Server Developer, Gainesville (FL), US
- Author Data Science Videos at Lynda, Carpinteria (CA), US/Remote
- Experienced Senior PHP Developer Pepper.com, Berlin, Germany
- Principal Software Engineer, Singapore
Time to relax!
- “As I’d skipped breakfast, the double shot of espresso coursed through my body and I became stuck on the topic of relaxation. What relaxes me? Is it knowing everything is ticking over nicely on the work-front and putting my feet up for a few days? Is that the definition of relaxing?” – The Fast Lane: What does relaxation look and feel like?
- “Everyone you talk to is trying to cut down their screen time, go off the grid and schedule in a digital detox (not without consulting their Calendars app, obviously) but there’s a new, trending hashtag on Instagram, a scroll through which might just be the most relaxing part of your day.” – The Instagram videos that will instantly relax you
- “‘I just spent that last hour floating in a pitch black, dead silent tank full of salty water,’ I announced breathlessly to my housemates as I rushed through the door, still in a half daze. They all stopped and stared at me for a few moments, not quite sure what to make of the rapid announcement.” – I Tried Float Relaxation And This Is What It Was Like
- “Stress has a funny way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it, but how you respond is only half the battle. The secret to winning the war against stress lies in what you do when you aren’t working (and presumably aren’t as stressed). Otherwise, you fall into bad habits that can magnify your stress, rather than alleviate it.” – 8 Powerful Ways To Conquer Stress
- “Putting my creativity and my work first, I often neglected to eat, exercise, even stand up from my desk. 2 herniated discs in my low back came to a climax in 2015. I spent the whole year in non-stop pain– constant doctors, multiple prescription medications which only caused me to feel depressed, sad and useless. Something like that really puts life into perspective.” – 7 Ways To Manage Stress Creatively