Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cloudant 2.3.0 (Python) – Cloudant / CouchDB Client Library
- couchdb-audit 1.0.0 – An npm and Kanso module for auditing changes to CouchDB documents
- got-couch 1.0.1 – A got based CouchDB driver/interface
- kubus 0.1.0 – Document-model for CouchDB
- crypto-pouch 3.1.0 – Encrypted PouchDB/CouchDB database
- express-pouchdb 2.1.0 – Express submodule with a CouchDB style REST interface to PouchDB.
- gpii-pouchdb-lucene 0.1.0 – A wrapper for couchdb-lucene to allow it to be required and used in tests.
- pouchdb-react-native 6.1.20 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
- rekord-pouchdb 1.4.3 – A rekord binding to PouchDB – implementing Rekord.rest, Rekord.live, & Rekord.store
- worker-pouch 2.0.0 – PouchDB over a web worker
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [VIDEO] Node js With CouchDB, Brad Traversy
- [POST] Seven Databases in Seven Days – Day 4: Cloudant, Lorna Mitchell & Matt Collins
- [VIDEO] Introducing Apache CouchDB 2.0, Bradley Holt
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- ezInvoice 6 – Built with PouchDB/CouchDB, you can log in using “test” as a username and password. The app runs offline, but there is catch: you have to click all the links on the “Home” screen to activate the cache on each of those apps before they will work offline.
No public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
- Install CouchDB 2.0 on Centos 6.8
- Understanding CouchDB conflict resolution process
- CouchDB: is there way or how to use CouchDB list function to prefix the key with the label name?
- Data Persistence in CouchDB
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- pouchdb-adapter-cordova-sqlite: PouchDB adapter using Cordova SQLite Plugin as its data store.
- How to access the correct `this` / context inside a callback?
- How do I remove the authentication modal in PouchDB?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- Benjamin Anderson (IRC nick: banjiewen, Twitter: banjiewen) has been elected as a CouchDB committer. Welcome to CouchDB, Benjamin!
- November 3, Edmonton, Alberta: Startup Edmonton, Exchange.js
- November 4-7, Santa Margarita (CA), US: Offline Camp California
- November 16-18, Seville, Spain: ApacheCon Europe
- November 17, Amsterdam, Rotterdam: NLHTML5 Nederland, All About Progressive Web Apps
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Full Stack Engineer, Chicago (IL), US
- Software Engineer, Chicago (IL), US
- Software Engineer, Austin (TX), US
- Big Data Integration Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Front End Developer, Triangle (NC), US
- 1st software engineer at Y Combinator start-up, Vancouver B.C., Canada
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- Server Developer, Gainesville (FL), US
- Principal Software Engineer, Singapore
Time to relax!
- “Clipped to my earlobe is a tiny heart-rate monitor, linked to a Bluetooth device that is attached to my T-shirt. I’m here to try out what Fox and his colleagues have dubbed emotionally responsive gaming (ERG): computer games designed to increase players’ resilience to mental health problems by using biofeedback to monitor and reward their ability to remain calm under pressure.” – And breathe: the computer games helping kids relax
- “Music is a known way to reduce stress levels and help you chill out, but it turns out your song choice has something to do with how much those tunes help you relax. There’s one song that science found to be a super-stress-buster, basically taking you from tense and stressed to totally chill over the course of its 8 minutes and 9 seconds.” – Most Relaxing Song Recorded Reduces Anxiety
- “Me and Beyonce were both working on our diets, stressing out. Then the day before, we’re watching playback backstage and she’s eating a bag of Cheetos,” Mars said. “I’m like, ‘That’s what you’re doing?’ She’s like, ‘There’s nothing more we can do these last two days. It’s gonna be what it’s gonna be. So, I’m gonna enjoy this bag of Cheetos.’” – Beyoncé’s Stress Reliever: Find Out What The Singer Does To Relax
- “As someone who is irrationally riveted to the news and political commentary, I can feel the toll this is already taking on me and on interpersonal relations. Wanting to survive without a heart attack or stroke, I thought I’d share some tips for self-care that I’ve been practicing and reading about to help others deal with this ‘Election Stress Disorder.’” – How To Survive The Stress Of The Coming Election…And Thereafter
- “Not all stress is bad. It’s served us well since we were running around killing our dinners, picking berries and living in caves (the “fight or fight” response). But in today’s hectic and noisy world, with more “noise” from constant connection all day and night, our bodies are overwhelmed from too much: too much work, too much social media—too much of everything.” –
5 Steps To Really Get Rid Of That Stress