Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb-promises 2.0.0 – ES6 promises-based CouchDB client
- davenport 1.1.1 – A CouchDB client for simplifying common tasks like get, list, create, update and delete. Comes complete with full TypeScript definitions.
- rest-on-couch 3.5.0 – Interface to CouchDB that allows the control of permissions on the documents
- rom-couchdb 3.0.0 (Ruby Gem) – CouchDB support for ROM
- cbox-vault 1.0.0 – PouchDB-based vault that encrypts/decrypts docs to/from the underlying db
- fun-pouchdb 4.0.0 – Thin PouchDB wrapper for convenient server use
- lambda-pouch 1.0.3 – Script API runtime on top of PouchDB
- rx-pouchdb 1.1.1 – Thin RXJS abstraction layer for PouchDB: read and write RXJS operators
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Setting up a CouchDB 2 cluster on CentOS 7, Michael Bailly
- [PRESS RELEASE] NYC – Big Data Developers: Apache CouchDB Developer Day, IBM developerWorks
- [POST] When to Use NoSQL? Rick van der Lans
- [TOOL] Ddoc Lab – Create couchapps and CouchDB design docs right in your browser. Being online or offline.
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Offline-First Web Application Using Redux and PouchDB, Berkay Aydin
- [VIDEO] CouchDB to PouchDB sync with React & Redux, Colin Wren
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB put data in correct database
- PouchDB to CouchDB replication with authentication header
- How to sync CouchDB from multiple PouchDB in AngularJS?
- How to access fields of a CouchDB document
- How to run CouchDB and superlogin on the same port?
no public answer yet:
- CouchDB’s erl.exe never idle
- Save data with Angular into CouchDB
- Get CouchDB data via WebDAV
- CouchDB Futon won’t delete database with name including +
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB Cordova jQuery mobile client side
- How to develop an offline apps in Android using PouchDB and CouchDB?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- February 9, New York (NY), US: Apache CouchDB Developer Day
- February 10, Boston (MA), US: Meet the CouchDB committers (and Offline Camp alumni)!
- February 28 – March 4, San Francisco (CA), US: Forward Swift Web Technology Summit Spring
- March 21, Munich, Germany: React Days 2017
- May 6-7, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Full Stack Developer, Berlin, London or New York (NY) US
- Integration Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Python Backend Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform startup, Salt Lake City (UT), US
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- New Platform Architect, Sydney, Australia
- SaaS Cloud Engineer, Denver (CO), US/Remote
- Principal Researcher/Software Developer – Sandhu Faculty, Cambridge, UK
Time to relax!
- “It is more like ordered chaos. The patterns of the currents, like the branches in lungs and neurons, are fractal, which means they repeat at different scales.” – Why Fractals Are So Soothing
- “In other words, if cortisol levels increase, and stressed-out you does nothing about it, it will build up and lead to a host of problems, including depression and mental illness. Basically, you’re stuck in a cycle of stress and thirst.” – Here’s Why You NEED to Drink Water When You’re Stressed
- “I heard Frank Sinatra say to Larry King that he got nervous every time he walked out on stage, but he said that nervousness would always go away within a few minutes. Carly Simon famously quit doing live concerts and Carol King had to get help with her anxiety before she could return to the stage. So, just to be crystal clear: Frank suffered from nervousness and Carly and Carol had anxiety.” – What’s the difference between anxiety, nervousness and stress?
- “Marveling at the amount of tension his prey seemed to be carrying around with him, a 12-foot-long Burmese python was reportedly shocked Wednesday at how much stress a local man was holding in his gradually constricting neck. ‘Geez, it’s like one huge knot in there,’ said the 300-pound reptile, also noting as it coiled itself with increasing force around the man’s torso that his shoulders were ‘like rocks—just giant lumps of tightness.’” – Burmese Python Shocked At Amount Of Stress Man Holding In His Neck
- “In otona maki, however, adults aren’t wrapped like little baby burritos; instead, they’re tied in a sheet in what looks like a cross between the happy baby and wind-relieving yoga pose. Once in the sheet, the participants are rocked gently from side to side.” – ‘Adult wrapping’ is the new Japanese relaxation trend where you get swaddled like a baby
… and also in the news
- The Psychology Behind Morality
- How to call your reps when you have social anxiety
- Tackling the Term: What is a Safe Space?
- The Writing of “Silent Spring”: Rachel Carson and the Culture-Shifting Courage to Speak Inconvenient Truth to Power
- A Reminder That Good Things Still Exist: Beyoncé Is Pregnant With Twins