Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- lantier 0.0.1 – A minimalist CouchDB client for Node.js
- sohva 2.1.0 – Sohva is a set of scala tools for CouchDB databases. The main tool is a client library, making it possible to store and retrieve documents in CouchDB.
- winston-cfg 1.0.5 – A simple utility that enables winston configuration via node-config”)
- pouchable 1.1.4 – PouchDB simplified by TypeScript Decorators (annotations)
- pouchdb-hoodie-sync 2.1.1 – Hoodie-like sync API for PouchDB
- vue-pouch 0.0.12 – Integrates pouchdb, pouchdb-live-find, and pouchdb-authentication into your Vue Components.
- vue-pouch-db 2.0.1 – Vue Pouch DB is a VueJS Plugin that binds PouchDB with Vue and keeps a synchronised state with the database.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] CouchDB, PouchDB, and Ionic 2: Starting a New Project, Josh Morony
- [PODCAST] The New Builders Ep. 31: Data, Demos-N-Harmony at InterConnect
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Create Offline Web Apps Using Service Workers & PouchDB, Artem Tabalin
- [POST] Introduction to offline data storage and sync with PouchBD and Couchbase, Peter Mbanugo
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB cannot update a document via Nano module
- Fetch data off CouchDB
- CouchDB View not returning documents when ?key specified
- CouchDB `nano` module – Unhandled rejection – is not a function at Object
- Grouping the output of a CouchDB View
- CORS issue with CouchDB + credentials + origin wildcard
- CouchDB purge whole database
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB PouchDB 409 error
- Is it possible to use lodash in PouchDB map function?
- How to show and replicate documents for certain users and roles only?
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- March 21, Munich, Germany: React Days 2017
- March 23, London, UK: IBM Cloudant & dashDB Workshop
- April 28-May 1, Berlin, Germany: Offline Camp
- May 6-7, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
- May 18-19, North Charleston (SC), US: SyntaxCon
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Full Stack Developer, Berlin, London or New York (NY) US
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior Software Engineer, San Francisco (CA), US
- Senior Backend Engineer/Architect, Atlanta (GA), US
- Python Backend Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform startup, Salt Lake City (UT), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Software Engineer (.NET), St. Paul (MN), US
- Integration Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Principal Software Developer, Camborne, UK
Time to relax!
- “In fact, the very act of climbing forces me to release the tension in my body. I cannot force myself to continue to move up the wall if all my muscles are contracted — I have to relax. With the release of tension in my muscles, I can feel the worry leave my body.” – Relaxing does not mean turning your brain off
- “Everyone experiences anxiety on some scale. It could be from situations that are totally out of your control or things you’re just nervous about, such as a work project or tough conversation. But here’s the good news: This type of stress doesn’t have to take over your life.” – The Best Songs To Reduce Anxiety And Stress
- “She says she wrote it to honor a maid she once watched ride the bus in New York City. But it was the woman’s laugh that caught Angelou’s attention. The unnamed woman, who was carrying two shopping bags, laughed whenever the bus stopped abruptly. She also laughed when it stopped slowly.” – Maya Angelou knew how a laugh could be a survival tool
- “…when you ask people directly, or force them to rank a list of benefits, you don’t always get a clear picture of what they really value. People often have a poor understanding of what makes them happy, and this applies at work, too.” – If You Want to Be Happy at Work, Have a Life Outside of It
… and also in the news
- Science Confirms Mona Lisa Is Happy
- Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds
- It’s okay to be too busy
- New York City Bodegas And The Generations Who Love Them
- Humans of Bombay: “It was when she was ill that I was joking with her and said, ‘your husband will mark a century’ and she said, ‘it better be alone, I can’t tolerate you for so long.’”