[Lazy Consensus] Move from JIRA to GitHub Issues (see thread)
Joan Touzet proposes that it’s now time to move from JIRA to GitHub Issues.
2.1 (see thread)
Jan Lehnardt proposes preparing the 2.1.x branch early next week.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- nomiepy 0.1 (Python) – A straightforward utility for retreiving Nomie data via CouchDB
- relaxo 1.0.1 (Ruby) – Relaxo provides a set of tools and interfaces for interacting with CouchDB.
- spicy-action 9.1.2 – Web proxy for CouchDB and others, plus Socket.IO relay
- gtfs-to-pouch 1.0.0 – Converts a GTFS file to PouchDB dumpfiles.
- pouch-redux-middleware 1.1.1 – Redux Middleware for syncing state and a PouchDB database.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] CouchDB is moving to GitHub Issues! Joan Touzet
- [TUTORIAL] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 1: foundations and setup, Andras Nemes
- [REPORT] CouchDB, Jan Lehnardt
- [TUTORIAL] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 2: Fauxton UI basics, Andras Nemes
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB – Get DB’s update_seq based on document
- CouchDB 2.0 replicate multiple user databases to single db
- Does CouchDB 2 sync user sessions across nodes?
- Filter documents using n1ql
no public answer yet:
- Querying a sub-array in CouchDB
- Cloudant Search feature in CouchDB Local server
- Setting up replication on CouchDB over ELB
- CouchDB View – filter keys before grouping
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- May 18-19, North Charleston (SC), US: SyntaxCon
- May 24, Atlanta (GA), US: php[tek] 2017 – CouchDB: Scalable NoSQL for Modern Applications
- June 29-July 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands: Dutch PHP Conference
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Backend Engineer with NodeJS, Atlanta (GA), US/Remote
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
Time to relax!
- “Yes, sharing that moment through your lens is great, but if you don’t enjoy it you can’t expect others to. Sometimes we forget to put ourselves first.” – Should Photography Be Relaxing?
- “Wells placed a camera underwater at the bottom of a bucket and filmed the animals as they came to take a sip. The video, posted on Friday, stars a variety of furry and feathery critters, including a rabbit named George with a notch in his ear. In case you’re concerned, Wells rescued the floating bees seen at the beginning.” – Relaxing underwater video shows cute animals drinking
- “It may not accomplish much, but nothing is as satisfying as a good wallow on your couch. If you actually want to feel better, though, remembering happy memories are a better coping mechanism than venting about everything wrong with your life.” – Happy Memories Really Are Relaxing According To Study, So Staying Positive Is Backed By Science
- “It’s maybe hard to imagine now, but there was once a time when New York was a tranquil place, an island of lush greenery and singing birds and majestic mountain lions sipping out of clear freshwater ponds. That foreign-sounding land was known as Mannahatta—Lenape for ‘the island of many hills’—where the equivalent of noisy garbage men was the croaking bullfrog, which seems much preferable but really did drive some people crazy.” – Experience The Soothing Sounds Of 17th-Century Manhattan
- “If you’re really looking to geek out over the benefits of meditation, researchers are currently exploring how meditation practices can change your brain’s gray and white matter (the part of your brain that’s in charge of all muscle control, sight, hearing, memory, emotions, speech, decision making, and self-control).” – 10 Meditation Tips from the Soothing Voice Behind the Headspace App
… and also in the news
- You Must Understand Why You Believe What You Believe
- Your tech job posting is broken. Here’s how to fix it.
- ‘Colossal’: A monster movie that takes on toxic masculinity
- America Is Forgetting Why We Share Things
- What Is Obstruction of Justice? An Often Murky Crime, Explained