[PROPOSAL] Getting 2.1 out the door (was: Test Suite Stabilization) (see thread)
Joan Touzet has moved the candidate GH issue tickets into the
2.1.0 milestone, where they can be treated as release blockers.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- kivik 1.0.2 – Kivik provides a generic interface to CouchDB or CouchDB-like databases for Go and GopherJS.
- feathers-pouchdb 1.0.10 – Feathers PouchDB service.
- redux-pouchdb-sync-models 0.5.1 – A middleware to sync models between redux state and a pouchdb with efficient storage and conflict resolution
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [SLIDEDECK] CouchDB, PouchDB and Offline-Tolerant Apps, Lorna Mitchell
- [POST] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 23: role-based security in CouchDB, Andras Nemes
- [VIDEO] Restricting Document Updates in CouchDB, Josh Morony
- [POST] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 22: security continued, Andras Nemes
- [POST] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 21: starting with security, Andras Nemes
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Offline First Apps for Indians, Thejesh GN
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Couchbox extends CouchDB query server with backstage _changes feed hooks and configurable REST API.
- Is jQuery still supported for CouchDB?
- Sorting not working as expected in IBM Bluemix Node red environment
- CouchDB and Node.js – What module do you recommend?
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB to PouchDB replication via CouchDB too slow for real time applications
- React add image field and save in PouchDB
- PouchDB for multiple tab
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- July 12, Chicago (IL), US, Internet of Things Chicago: A developer’s guide to Exploring and Visualizing IoT Data by IBM
- August 3, Nottingham, UK: Women in Tech, Nottingham: CouchDB & TBD
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
- PHP Web Developer / Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Canada
Time to relax!
- “When you think of painting tutorials, you probably think of something calm, soothing, and lined with little happy trees. One of Super Deluxe’s latest series is anything but that.” – Cult Corner: ‘Drawing with Skinner’ Is a Weird, Psychedelic, and Soothing Delight
- “A horse seemingly took over as a babysitter by gently rocking a baby girl who had been crying during a visit to stables.” – Horse turns babysitter by soothing crying baby girl by making her giggle as he rocks her car seat
- “If you are a massive Star Wars fan and find ASMR videos strangely soothing, this nine-minute video is definitely your thing.” – Kylo Ren ASMR video will either creep you out or soothe your weary soul
- “Many things often stand between us and a good night’s sleep: absurdly long to do lists, family or social obligations, and often our own brains. Some of these barriers are easier to control than others. Regardless, adequate sleep provides a vital foundation for your overall well-being.” – Sleep your way to wellness
… and also in the news
- Antisocial Coding: My Year at GitHub
- ‘What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?’ by Frederick Douglass
- Senior Citizen: Gender, Infirmity and Horror
- Forget Freud: Dreams Replay Our Everyday Lives
- Get Out (of the Tech Industry)
Submit news to the CouchDB Weekly
Reach out to us with your news suggestions by sending us an email or by contacting us on Twitter @CouchDB.