- PouchDB just released version 6.3.0.
- A new build of Apache CouchDB v2.0.0 for Windows has been published.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchmigrate 0.1.0 – A command-line tool to assist with the migration of CouchDB Design Documents
- spiegel 0.0.1 – Scalable replication and change listening for CouchDB
- pouchdb-collate 6.3.0 – Collation functions for PouchDB map/reduce.
- pouchdb-find 6.3.0 – Provides a simple, MongoDB-inspired query language that accomplishes the same thing as the map/reduce API, but with far less code.
- pouchdb-selector-core 6.3.0 – PouchDB find’s core selector as standalone module.
- sublevel-pouchdb 6.3.0 – Fork of level-sublevel with ony the subset of the API that PouchDB uses.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Offline First … Suhas Chitade
- [VIDEO] Introduction to Non-Relational Databases using CouchDB, Robby Rockers
- [POST] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 24: cookie based authentication for the CouchDB HTTP API, Andras Nemes
- [POST] Learnings from HTTP/2 Service Push and Service Workers, Teri Chadbourne
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to store/query ledger data in CouchDB or any other NoSQL DB in Hyperledger
- Enable Full Text Search in Apache CouchDB
- How would I enable partial search and case ignore in Cloudant Search Index?
no public answer yet:
- How to transfer only useful data from CouchDB to PouchDB
- CouchDB REST url generator
- Get main data from a Database on CouchDB
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
No public answer yet on Stack Overflow:
- PouchDB in multiple tab
- PouchDB + SQLite for local storage : Trying to load template only after ionic.platform.ready
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- August 3, Nottingham, UK: Women in Tech, Nottingham: CouchDB, PouchDB and Offline-Tolerant Applications
- October 9-11, Berlin, Germany: React Days 2017, We are building a Progressive Web app
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
- PHP Web Developer / Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Canada
Time to relax!
- “From the moment you open your eyes to when you lay down exhausted at the end of a long day, your mind is churning with thoughts, plans, and anxiety. Even falling asleep offers no respite with the turbulence continuing in your dreams.” – The 2-minute guide to de-stress and make better decisions
- “As you watch Ma pour rainbow after flowing rainbow onto a canvas, it becomes hard to care what the final result even looks like. You have to assume that Ma spent countless hours staring at the floating blobs inside a lava lamp as a kid before developing her abstract painting technique, which involves pouring layer after layer of acrylic paint mixtures on top of each other.” – This Fluid Artist’s Messy Painting Style Is So Wonderfully Soothing to Watch
- “If you struggle to get to sleep, or always wake up in the middle of the night, then it may be your diet that’s preventing you from having decent shut-eye. That’s according to a renowned food scientist, who has helped create the ultimate menu for the perfect night’s sleep.” – Is this the recipe for a perfect night’s sleep? Food scientist creates a menu she claims will help even insomniacs drift off as it’s packed with ingredients that make us drowsy
- “The secret to a good night’s sleep later in life is having a good reason to get up in the morning, according to US researchers who surveyed people on their sleeping habits and sense of purpose. People who felt they had a strong purpose in life suffered from less insomnia and sleep disturbances than others and claimed to rest better at night as a result, the study found.” – Sense of purpose aids sleep, US scientists find
… and also in the news
- Regional Sayings: Say These 9 Words and We’ll Tell You Where You Grew Up
- In Blow to Tech Industry, Trump Shelves Start-Up Immigrant Rule
- Lessons from my first year of live coding on Twitch
- Abandoned Popculture-Megastructures
- It’s 2017 and Mental Health is still an issue in the workplace.