- The Apache CouchDB development community is proud to announce the release of version 2.1!
- But also good to know…if you’re unable to get CouchDB 2.1 running on your Mac, we have a workaround for that.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cloudant 2.6.0 (Python) – Cloudant / CouchDB Client Library
- kivik 1.0.4 – Kivik provides a generic interface to CouchDB or CouchDB-like databases for Go and GopherJS.
- loopback-connector-couchdb2 0.9.0 – The loopback-connector-couchdb2 module is the CouchDB 2.0 connector for the LoopBack framework that supports the advanced functionality originally found only in Cloudant but that is now available in CouchDB.
- node-couchdb 1.2.0 – node-couchdb package provides an easy way to interact with CouchDB using preferred cache layer.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] To SQL or to NoSQL? That is the Question, Luke Pierotti
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Building an offline-first app with React and RxDB, Esteban Herrera
- [GLITCH] Zero to PouchDB Express Server in less than a minute! JRS Coding School
- [POST] Couchbase Sync Gateway Proxy in Node/Express, Dhaval Nagar
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- nosql-exploitation-framework – A Python framework for NoSQL Scanning and Exploitation
- Taking CouchDB for a test drive on OS X
- Using filters on CouchDB does not work
- How To Install CouchDB on Windows
- How to check if user token is still valid in CouchDB?
- Map function code as filter replicator on CouchDB
no public answer yet:
- How to use iterview function from Python CouchDB
- CouchDB cluster writes behaviour
- How to make a filter to check a value inside an array as a range?
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to save and retrieve file using PouchDB and Vue.js
- Pouchdb-find docs from the last 30 days
- Importing PouchDB into Angular 4
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB simple get by id returns undefined
- Display PouchDB Database in DataTables
- PouchDB slow on insert when I have 4k+ items in DB
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- September 10, Tel Aviv, Israel: ReactNext 2017: Dealing with Data Offline in Web Apps
- September 12, London, United Kingdom: OpenSource & Agile, Patterns for “Offline First” Application with Miguel Angel Quinones!
- October 9-11, Berlin, Germany: React Days 2017, We are building a Progressive Web app
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Backend Engineer with NodeJS, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Mgr, Software Engineering – Platform Services, Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Developer – Standard, St. Louis (MO), US
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Developer Backend, Surrey, BC, Canada
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
Also in the news
- Colin Kaepernick Isn’t Being Blackballed Because He Knelt for the Anthem
- A Brief History of Women in Computing
- So, about this Googler’s manifesto.
- A Certain Man
- Getting medieval: A military analysis of Game of Thrones’ Westeros War