Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdiscover 0.2.4 (Python) – Autodiscovery & Clustering for CouchDB 2.0 with Kubernetes
- icouch 0.3.1 (Erlang) – A CouchDB client for Elixir using ibrowse for HTTP transfer
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] NPM Registry for your organisation, Ayush
- [POST] Monitoring CouchDB with Prometheus, Grafana and Docker, Geoff Cox
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Case Study: A Complex CouchDB/PouchDB Application in Ionic, Josh Morony
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to migrate to CouchDB from goleveldb on IBM Blockchain cloud sandbox
- Can we open Design Documents directly in an IDE?
- CouchDB Proxy Authentication security – user roles confusion
- Parallel calls to CouchDB
no public answer yet:
- Why do CouchDB 2.x cluster nodes have to be bound to 0.0.0.0?
- More details WRT the CouchDB 2.1 cluster setup API
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- PouchDB work with cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine plugin?
- Multiple PouchDBs vs single PouchDB
- TypeError: pouchdb_1.default is not a constructor
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- Will Holley (Apache ID: willholley, IRC nick: wilhol, Twitter: @wilhol) has been elected as a CouchDB committer. Welcome to CouchDB, Will!
- Mayya Sharipova (Apache ID: mayya, IRC nick: mayya, Twitter: @mayya_sh) has also been elected as a CouchDB committer. Welcome to CouchDB, Mayya!
- September 10, Tel Aviv, Israel: ReactNext 2017: Dealing with Data Offline in Web Apps
- September 12, London, United Kingdom: OpenSource & Agile, Patterns for “Offline First” Application with Miguel Angel Quinones!
- October 9-11, Berlin, Germany: React Days 2017, We are building a Progressive Web app
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior Web Back-end Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Mgr, Software Engineering – Platform Services, Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Web Full-Stack Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Developer – Standard, St. Louis (MO), US
- Team Lead – Engineering, Chicago (IL), US
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
- Senior Backend Software Engineer, San Francisco (CA), US
Also in the news
- Two new tropical threats are taking shape in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean
- BREAKING: Microsoft fixed the “J” smiley face bug in Outlook
- How Hate Groups Forced Online Platforms to Reveal Their True Nature
- Can Anything Stop Rural Decline?
- The State of the Web