New CouchDB 2.x metrics & monitoring solution (see thread)
Joan Touzet introduces a solution (currently in beta) that’s fast, has fixed-memory, and provides a web console for people who might not have a fully-fledged metrics solution already. It also acts as a statsd server that can feed into many popular time-series database backends, such as graphite, influxdb, opentsdb and prometheus.
CouchDB + React, part 2 (hooray!) (see thread)
So the good news is that Facebook have decided to relicense React
to the MIT license as of v16. This gets us out of having to completely
replace React in our code base.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- clusterpost-provider 2.4.0 – This is an Hapi plugin to Execute jobs in remote computing grids using a REST API.
- couch-slouch 0.1.0 – A JS API for CouchDB that does the heavy lifting
- couchdb-wrapper 0.2.0 – CouchDB Wrapper for Node.JS
- couchify 0.2.0 – Use next generation JS in your CouchDB apps.
- gocouch 0.7.0 – Tideland Go CouchDB Client
- integreat-source-couchdb 0.1.0 – CouchDB and Cloudant support for Integreat
- node-couch-database-spawner 1.0.0 – CouchDB database spawner for Node.js using node-couch
- express-pouchdb-dainst 1000.0.3 – An Express submodule with a CouchDB-style REST interface to PouchDB.
- pouch-vue 0.1.12 – PouchDB bindings for Vue.js
- pouchy 12.3.0 – Pouchy wraps & extends PouchDB and provides various sorely needed sugar methods.
- redux-pouchdb-rethink 1.1.0 – Redux PouchDB Plus synchronizes a Redux store with a PouchDB database.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Hyperledger Fabric & CouchDB, fantastic queries and where to find them, Jonas Snellinckx
- [POST] Using DataTables with CouchDB, Thejesh Gn
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [VIDEO] PouchDB and Couchbase Replication for the Offline-First Web, Steve Schwarz
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Is there good way to replace all CouchDB objects in a set?
- How to configure CouchDB from my Node.js app
- How to exclude certain documents from Cloudant (or Mango) query?
- Run startFabric.sh without latest fabric-couchdb image
- Reader, Writer, Replicator and Admin access in CouchDB
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Shopping List is an Offline First demo Progressive Web App built using Polymer and PouchDB.
no public answer yet:
- Ionic app with listView generated with content from PouchDB loads slowly
- PouchDB.find return array with object undefined
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- October 9-11, Berlin, Germany: React Days 2017, We are building a Progressive Web app
- November 10-13, Grants Pass (OR), US: Offline Camp Oregon
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Backend Software Engineer, San Francisco (CA), US
- Senior Web Back-end Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Mgr, Software Engineering – Platform Services, Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Web Full-Stack Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
- Team Lead – Engineering, Chicago (IL), US
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
Also in the news
- Women Aren’t Nags—We’re Just Fed Up
- The NFL Protests Are About Racism—Don’t Let Trump Distract You
- 9 essential things to know about Puerto Rico’s humanitarian crisis.
- China to shut down North Korean companies
- The History of Sears Predicts Nearly Everything Amazon Is Doing
- How does Ethereum work, anyway?