Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cloudant 2.7.0 (Python) – Cloudant / CouchDB Client Library
- cloudant-follow 0.16.0 – CouchDB changes and db updates notifier for NodeJS
- cloudant-nano 6.7.0 – Minimalistic CouchDB driver for Node.js
- couchable 0.4.7 (Python) – Allows arbitrary python objects to be stored in CouchDB, while keeping the resulting CouchDB document as “natural” as possible.
- kivik 1.4.0 – Kivik provides a generic interface to CouchDB or CouchDB-like databases for Go and GopherJS
- rest-on-couch 5.4.0 – Interface to CouchDB that allows the control of permissions on the documents.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] CouchDB announces the release of Couchbase Server 5.0, Jane Elizabeth
- [POST] CouchDB, What, When, Why, How. Thilina Madumal
- [POST] From RDBMS to Key-Value Store: Data Modeling Techniques, Wishmitha S. Mendis
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How do I send data from my Android Application to a Couch-DB server?
- Apache CouchDB + npm-registry-couchapp debugging configuration = cannot npm install
- What is the maximum length of a CouchDB database name?
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
No public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
- Proper use of findAll with startkey and endkey in PouchDB
- PouchDB: radio button values not being saved to database
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 10-13, Grants Pass (OR), US: Offline Camp Oregon
- November 11, Visakhapatnam, India: Vizag Bluemix User Group, Deploying your first Node Application to IBM Bluemix
- November 15-17, Madrid, Spain: Big Data Spain 2017
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Mid-Level Java Developer, Charleston (SC), US
- Golang Backend Engineer, Virtual Reality, Brooklyn (NY), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Software Engineer, Backend, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Mid-Level Java Developer, Belleville (IL), US
- Mgr, Software Engineering – Platform Services, Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Team Lead – Engineering, Chicago (IL), US
Also in the news
- We’re at the Dawn of Choosing Embryos by Health, Height, and More
- Assembling Your NaNoWriMo Prep Kit
- Runaway seven-year-old boarded plane without ticket
- The future of banks is probably not banks
- The social media ads Russia wanted Americans to see
Submit news to the CouchDB Weekly
Reach out to us with your news suggestions by sending us an email or by contacting us on Twitter @CouchDB.