- Announcing CVE-2017-12635 (RPE) & CVE-2017-12636 (RCE), the two issues that got fixed in CouchDB versions 2.1.1 and 1.7.1. If you haven’t yet, do update now.
- The Apache CouchDB development team is proud to announce the immediate availability of version 1.7.1.
- A Windows installer for CouchDB 1.7.1 is now available.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- atom-couchdb-backup 1.1.0 – CoucDB backup restore scripts
- couch-pwd-updated 1.0.0 – Hash and compare passwords with the crypto’s pbkdf2.
- portalserver 1.0.0 – Library for creating NodeJS + Express + CouchDB + Vue servers which act as portals with organisational unit structure.
- spiegel 0.0.7 – Scalable replication and change listening for CouchDB
- compactd-models 2.3.4 – Remote music player that supports adding more content.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] CouchDB vulnerabilities and the npm registry, CJ Silverio
- [POST] Remote Code Execution in CouchDB, Max Justicz
- [VIDEO] Offline first applications, syncing with PouchDB & CouchDB, François Gengler
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [SLIDE DECK] 4 Way Databinding With Angular, Sani Yusuf
- [PHOTO] Discussing CouchDB, PouchDB & Hoodie as a stack for Offline First Progressive Web Apps, Offline Camp.
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- CouchDB takes forever to load
- Process json data at server (Node.js) side or using show function of CouchDB?
- Creating a 2-node CouchDB 2.1 cluster
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
New PMC Member
- Nick Vatamaniuc joins the Apache CouchDB Project Management Committee today. Nick has made outstanding, sustained contributions to the project. Welcome to the Couch, Nick Vatamaniuc!
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Mid-Level Java Developer, Belleville (IL), US
- Golang Backend Engineer, Virtual Reality, Brooklyn (NY), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Software Engineer, Backend, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Mid-Level Java Developer, Charleston (SC), US
- Engineering Manager – Internal Tools, Chicago (IL), US
- Sr. Software Engineer – Order Platform, New York (NY), US
Also in the news
- Zimbabwe takeover: Five things you should know
- The Unforgiving Minute
- Colin Kaepernick has earned the right to rock that ‘GQ’ cover uniform and Afro
- Nasa forecast: Which cities will flood as ice melts?
- Is Toad Wearing a Hat or Is That His Head? A Serious Investigation