“Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.”
— Chinese Proverb
You are not a robot. You can’t keep cranking out the same high quality content day in and day out with no breaks. Despite what the futurists might say, the need for basics—food, sleep, R&R—is not going away anytime soon. You aren’t going to beat the bots in a battle of endurance, so you might as well do yourself a favor and take a load off. Embracing your fleshy frailties has its perks: greater happiness, longer life, sustained productivity, you name it. Quit trying to be something you’re not. Rest, recharge, and recommit instead.
Time to relax
- “Narwhals are not cool under pressure. When stressed, they use up almost all of their energy in an instant by essentially stopping their hearts while thrashing as hard as they can to swim away.” – Think you’re bad at handling stress? Narwhals are worse
- “According to research, being good to yourself by adding some hygge to your life can make you happier. If you are constantly feeling on the verge of burnout, struggling with work demands and family demands, and you find you are rarely at your home to enjoy it, you might need to add some hygge to your life.” – Add some hygge to your life and be happier
- “Are you having a tough day? Do you need a break from work? Well, we have a good solution. Last week, the Oregon Zoo published a minute-long video of Lily the 5-year-old Asian elephant taking a relaxing dip in their wading pool.” – Soothe Your Anxiety By Watching This Little Elephant Bob For Apples
- “Having a 9-9 job, or in a layman’s term, ‘adulting’, does not only contribute to physical stress but also involves extreme emotional and mental exhaustion. Migraines, insomnia or an upset stomach come in naturally when you are unable to give your mind enough down-time.” – 5 Fun & Relaxing Hobbies To Try If You Have A 9 To 9 Job
- “Balancing holiday events and work obligations was ranked as the most stressful part of the holiday season, according to the Accountemps survey. Instead of feeling the frenzy, try these seven ways to cope.” – Seven Ways to Diffuse Holiday Stress
Enjoy your weekend 🙂
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- panmnesia 0.1.0 – An action registry and redux-based aggregate store for a PouchDB-based event stream.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
… and in the PouchDB Universe
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- Antonio Maranhao (Apache ID: amaranhao, GitHub: Antonio-Maranhao) has been elected as a CouchDB committer. Welcome to CouchDB, Antonio!
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Mid-Level Java Developer, Charleston (SC), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Software Engineer, Backend, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Full Stack Java Software Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Mid-Level Java Developer, Belleville (IL), US
- Senior Java Development Engineer, Bowie (MD), US
- Engineering Manager – Internal Tools, Chicago (IL), US
- Full Stack Developer – Migration Specialist, Bowie (MD), US
- Sr. Software Engineer – Order Platform, New York (NY), US
- Java Principal Software Development Engineer, Bowie (MD), US
Also in the news
Submit news to the CouchDB Weekly
Reach out to us with your news suggestions by sending us an email or by contacting us on Twitter @CouchDB.