- CouchDB 2.0 alpha releases for general community testing. See the release testing plan and the discussion that took place over the holidays. Please review the first draft plan and add comments, keeping in mind that for every issue you help find and get fixed, there are thousands, if not tens of thousands of people who won’t run into the same issue, so your help has a significant impact!
CouchDB Weekly Meeting
CouchDB on DigitalOcean (see thread)
This is an introduction to a proposed PR creating a patch which would allow people testing out Mango to receive all of the docs and allow them to filter later (instead of creating an index), which could lower the bar to entry with testing/usage.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cerebral-pouchdb – A cerebral module for integrating the cerebral store with one or more PouchDBs
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Drupal to CouchDB Deployment via Drupal.org
- [TALK] “
- [BOOK] My first O’Reilly Book: Client-Side Data Storage by Raymond Camden
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Offline installation of npm packages by Addy Osmani
- [POST] A look under the covers of PouchDB-find via Red Cloud Labs
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Creating a Content Hub using CouchDB and Drupal via the Deploy module by Tim Millwood
- When should you choose CouchDB, MongoDB or RavenDB by James Bryden
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CORS issue when using PouchDB to access Cloudant.
- Saving and getting data to/rows to and from PouchDB.
- Lazily fetch and replicate documents.
- PouchDB to CouchDB replication with non server admin user authentication.
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- January 12, Boston (MA) US: OpenStack and data bases!
- January 26, Hamburg, Germany: Mango (Less Talk, More Action!)
- February 09, St. Louis (MO) US: Mobile & Web sync with CouchDB, Couchbase Lite, and PouchDB
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Server-Side Developer, Minneapolis, (MN/Remote), US
- Developer, New York (NY), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI), US
- Sr. Web/Mobile Developer; Angular, Baltimore (MD/Remote), US
- Scala/Java Backend Developer, Munich, Germany
Time to relax!
- “How often do you take a short break in your day to take a few deep breaths and relax? A new app called Hear and Now helps you to do this with daily reminders and breathing exercises, while monitoring your heart rate.” – Relax, breathe deep and regain focus with Hear and Now
- “I’m glad I haven’t drank for two years. Sure, I’ve done a few shots of Malort with people who’ve never tried it. And that one time a dude threatened to kick my ass if I didn’t drink that shot of whiskey he bought me to congratulate me on ‘being so funny’ after hearing me tell jokes about how I don’t drink anymore.” – What I learned not drinking for two years
- “The fish lives in a decorative aquarium designed to brighten the look and feel of any atmosphere. You can change the colors of the fish and tank, interact with your pet fish and receive notifications from the accompanying mobile app. The device was designed to enhance your mood and brighten your space. The aesthetically pleasing device comes with soothing lighting effects as well. Perfect to fight the fluorescent glare of the office.” – 8 gadgets to help you relax in the new year
- “Work that humans do used to be a role; now it is a task, but it is going to be a relationship: work is interaction between interdependent people. The really big idea of 2016 is to reconfigure agency in a way that brings relationships into the center. The mission is to see action within relationships.” – Redefining work
- “‘We thought that coloring was close to the art-making process used in art therapy by psychologists,’ says Anne Le Meur, editorial manager for nonfiction reference books at Hachette Pratique. ‘It has real antistress effects like mindfulness and meditation.’” – Adult Coloring Books Test Grown-Ups’ Ability to Stay Inside the Lines
… and also in the news
- Women-Led Crowdfunding Platforms Change the Game
- Alarm clocks of the future will wake you up with scent
- [PODCAST] Serial Episode 3 – Escaping and Episode 4 – The Captors are now up!
- For a complete change of pace, Kanye West couldn’t stop smiling through his ‘American Idol’ audition
- Happy 2016 folks!