2.0 Status (see thread) & [2.0] Release Plan (see thread)
A call for volunteers to help reach the 2.0 milestone! Unfortunately the JS test suite process could not be completed. However, a CouchDB 2.0-based built by Cloudant and internal testings give some confidence, that the overall codebase is in solid shape. Some issues found here, can be integrated into the final blockers to check-off-list.
And by following a proposed release plan, a form of 2.0 can be pushed to a release around the turn of the year!
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- relaxedws/replicator 1.0.0-alpha1 – PHP based CouchDB replicator that works with any CouchDB style API (via Drupal community).
- couchdb-calculate-session-id 1.0.0 – calculates valid CouchDB session IDs using username, salt, secret & timestamp
- couch-worker 3.0.0 – module to provide shared functionality between CouchDB workers.
- iobroker.sql 0.1.0 – Log state sql in a two-stages process (first to Redis, then to CouchDB)
- hoodie-server-task 2.0.0 – CouchDB-based REST & front-end API for asynchronous background tasks
- couch-configure 0.1.0 – A simple wrapper for Nano to configure CouchDB
- pouchdb-users 1.0.1 – PouchDB plugin to simulate CouchDB’s _users database behavior
- ember-pouch 3.0.0 – dropping support for older v1 and Beta Ember-Data versions. It now supports Ember/Ember-Data 1.13 and up only.
- neurosynch-pouchdb 1.0.0 – A neurosync binding to PouchDB – implementing Neuro.rest, Neuro.live, & Neuro.store
- persistent-redux 0.8.0 – Persist your Redux state with PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [Post] “A first look on CouchDB” Christian Grobmeier
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [Talk] “Offline-First Apps with PouchDB” at Nodeinteractive, by Bradley Holt (Cloudant)
- [Post] “A Hoodie Case Study: How Minutes.io does Offline” via Hoodie Blog
- [Tutorial] “Build And Share Your Single-page App With React, Node and Pouchdb, part I”
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB updates functions not working.
- CouchDB: limit action to logged users.
- Performance issues with Amazon ELB and CouchDB.
- CouchDB on HTTPS gives unable to load server certificate key file.
- How to update CouchDB document without losing existing attachment?
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- PouchDB replication speed up?
- Delete and update using PouchDB.
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- February 09, Saint Louis (MO), US: Mobile & Web sync with CouchDB, Couchbase Lite, and PouchDB
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- full-time/freelance dev (ReactJS, Flux, PouchDB), Berlin, Germany
- Sr. RoR Architect, San Francisco (CA), US
- Python Engineer, Glendale (CA), US
- Senior Database Engineer, Beverly Hills (CA), US
- Full Stack Web Developer, Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Time to relax!
- “Stress is most damaging for people who experience it all the time. Working long hours in a white-collar job to meet a deadline can be unhealthily stressful. But people who are constantly stressed about things like paying the rent or getting adequate childcare have the worst lot.” – How Stress Makes You Sick
- “Instead of throwing away your business’ money on lip, why not give it to people with real track records? Look for the conferences that are coming up, created by Black and brown engineers to support Black and brown engineers, and give them that money. (Hi. Hello. I created a speaker lineup with 50% Black women engineers in 2 days. A personal friend of mine put together a team that was 80% trans, 100% woman/femme and 40% Black.)” – Your Half-Assed Diversity Initiatives Aren’t Going to Cut It In 2016
- “…compared with childhood, adulthood has fewer new and memorable experiences. We often measure time by firsts—our first day our school, first kiss, first home, first child—when we run out of firsts, James says ‘the days and weeks smooth themselves out…and the years grow hollow and collapse.’” – Why Time Feels Like It’s Flying By (and How To Slow It Down)
- “The research does indicate that a well-stocked lexicon of swear words may complement the lexicon as a whole, allowing a variety of more intense emotional expressiveness. This need not only be to convey negative emotions such as anger and frustration because swearing can also communicate emotions that are positive like joy and surprise.” – Being fluent at swearing is a sign of healthy verbal ability
- “For too long, the ‘global north’ has conducted research in the developing world that has exploited the population. They haven’t had the study participants’ best interest in mind. And over time, that’s resulted in a lack of trust — and noncompliance.” – “Mama, Do I Have Your Consent?” When working with vulnerable populations, how do you know your research subjects are on board?
- “It’s unsettling, and people look at you sideways when you say you have anxiety. When you shut down, go silent, disappear mid-conversation for no apparent reason. When you talk in circles because you aren’t sure if anyone can understand you. If you said it right the first three times. If you are making any kind of sense because you don’t make sense to yourself.
” – An Open Letter To My Friends and Family: I Am Surviving
… and also in the news
- “When someone has a different code style to you:”… [@LewisCowper via twitter]
- “Sometimes u may feel like things aren’t getting better push thru & keep the faith doors may open sooner than u think don’t give up” [@MissyElliott via twitter]
- The First Official Ghostbusters Photo
- Jimmy Fallon Gets Force Awakens Cast to Sing Massive A Cappella Star WarsMedley
- “The Spectacular, Rip-Roaring Waves of Lake Erie’s ‘November Witch’”
- Happy Holidays!