- PouchDB 6.0.6 is out. Check out the release notes for details.
CouchDB Next (see thread)
Jan Lehnardt lays out the direction of moving CouchDB forward with specific requests on areas like API, storage, query, etc.
CouchDB 2.0 as Snap (see thread)
Michael Hall suggests making the new version of CouchDB available as a Snap package for users of Ubuntu.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- chill 0.3.0 (Rust) – Client-side CouchDB library
- cloudant 2.1.1 (Python) – Cloudant / CouchDB Client Library
- couchdb-promises 1.1.0 – ES6 promises-based CouchDB client
- seneca-couch2-store 0.2.0 – Seneca data store plugin for CouchDB version 2
- pouchdb-react-native 6.1.16 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
- redux-pouchdb 0.1.1 – Sync store state to PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [VIDEO] What developers can expect from Apache CouchDB 2.0, IBM Big Data & Analytics Hub
- [POST] Use curl to create a CouchDB admin user, Rob Allen
- [POST] Object Storage Cloudant Backup, Christian Compton
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [SLIDES] Drupal in the Dark – Offline-ready Decoupled Drupal 8 Using React, Erin Marchak
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- What’s the recommended way to add gzip support to CouchDB?
- Easiest way to export a MySQL database to CouchDB?
- Cloudant couchdb changes api and geospatial indexes
no public answer yet:
- Enumerate CouchDB _changes longpoll connections/feeds
- Reaching across two layers of a CouchDB document hierarchy
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB filtering replication based on logic
- How to submit more than one thing at a time with my CouchDB/PouchDB offline first app
- Polymer: Using app-indexeddb-mirror with app-pouchdb-document
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- October 22, Madrid, Spain: Polymer Day: Offline-First apps with Polymer and PouchDB
- November 16-18, Seville, Spain: ApacheCon Europe
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Software Engineer – Applications, Chicago (IL), US
- Passionate Developer with Personality for Full-Time Telecommute Position, Arnold (MD), US/Remote
- Software Engineer, Austin (TX), US
- Full Stack Java Architect, Denver (CO), US
- Front End Developer, Triangle (NC), US
- Full Stack Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- Senior Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI) US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- Modern Server Developer, Gainesville (FL), US
- Author Data Science Videos at Lynda, Carpinteria (CA), US/Remote
- Principal Software Engineer, Singapore
Time to relax with these videos sure to make you giggle 😂
- Beautiful and breathtaking demonstration of horses yoga
- SNL Cast Breaking Character Compilation
- The girl who was tempted by the dark side
- The most callous replacement news anchor ever
- The song that Taylor Swift should have made
- The new and improved Jurassic Park theme
… and also in the news
- What happens when one of your talk gets really popular?
- The Science of How Our Minds and Our Bodies Converge in the Healing of Trauma
- A Protocol For Dying with Pieter Hintjens
- Progressive Web Apps with React.js: Part I — Introduction
- Should kids have the right to veto Instagram/Facebook pics they’re in?