CouchDB 2.0 as Snap (see thread)
Michael Hall suggests making the new version of CouchDB available as a Snap package for users of Ubuntu.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- Comfy 0.2.0 – CouchDB 2.0 HTTP wrapper
- couchdb-promises 1.2.0 – ES6 promises-based CouchDB client
- ember-cli-deploy-couchdb-rewrites 0.0.1 – Unshifts additional url rewrites for ember-cli-deploy-couchdb deployments
- jsonobject-couchdbkit 0.8.0.1 – Python CouchDB kit
- logstash-input-couchdb_changes 3.1.0 (Ruby Gem) – This gem is a Logstash plugin required to be installed on top of the Logstash core pipeline using $LS_HOME/bin/logstash-plugin install gemname.
- spine-couch 1.0.0 – CouchDB adapter for Spine models running in NodeJS
- pouchdb-dump-select 1.0.5 – PouchDB module that let you dump records to a file based you views result.
- pouchdb-model 0.2.0 – Convenient wrapper for PouchDB
- pouchdb-react-native 6.1.17 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
- redux-pouchdb 0.1.0 – Sync store state to PouchDB
- redux-pouchdb-plus 0.8.4 – Synchronize Redux store with PouchDB to have a persistent store.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Uncovering the magic: How serverless platforms really work! Markus Thömmes
- [POST] Announcing Couchbase Server 4.5.1, Don Pinto
- [POST] Use Curl to Create a CouchDB Admin User, Rob Allen
- [POST] Add systemd Startup Script For CouchDB, James Coyle
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB pagination and sorting
- CouchDB – aggregate multiple values in the reduce step
- CouchDB emit document from two arrays in document
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Easy Data for PhoneGap Apps with PouchDB – A sample app showing how to use PouchDB to easily sync with a remote repository.
- PouchDB check if local database exists
- Get by custom field in PouchDB
- Is there a way to delete all databases (without given names) in PouchDB
- PouchDB 409 conflict when adding doc.
no public answer yet:
- Ionic Framework + PouchDB
- How to build a “blog like” structure with PouchDB
- How to check if a PouchDB doc exist or not using an service function on AngularJS?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- October 22, Madrid, Spain: Polymer Day: Offline-First apps with Polymer and PouchDB
- November 16-18, Seville, Spain: ApacheCon Europe
- November 17, Amsterdam, Netherlands: NLHTML5 Nederland, All About Progressive Web Apps
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Full Stack Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- (NEW) Make cows bigger, better, faster, stronger, and with a propensity to Daft Punk, Santa Clara (CA), US
- Software Engineer, Austin (TX), US
- Senior Software Engineer – Applications, Chicago (IL), US
- Front End Developer, Triangle (NC), US
- Full Stack Java Architect, Denver (CO), US
- Senior Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI) US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- Modern Server Developer, Gainesville (FL), US
- Author Data Science Videos at Lynda, Carpinteria (CA), US/Remote
- Principal Software Engineer, Singapore
Time to relax!
- “There’s something deeply soothing about watching the shelves fill up one by one, like a train of dominoes falling down in reverse. We can only imagine the filing, the record keeping, the alphabetizing—oh god, the alphabetizing—that must have gone into the project.” – Relax to a time lapse of the New York Public Library restocking 52,000 books
- “When individual contributors are tapped to manage large-scale projects, oversee direct reports, or participate in strategic planning, they need to develop new skill sets on the fly — skills such as interpersonal dexterity, emotional agility, and communication savvy. As important as these leadership skills are, just as important to the leadership transition is learning to let go of old ways of thinking, and relaxing into the role.” – To Succeed as a First-Time Leader, Relax
- “Instead of ordering someone to relax, career coach Nancy Ancowitz said to start off by showing empathy and acknowledging the employee’s stress. Something as simple a phrase as, ‘looks like you’re having a bad day’, to get started would already help calm the other person, she said, then follow it up by asking them open-ended questions that would give them a chance to talk about the problem.” – Stop telling stressed employees ‘to relax’, say experts
- “Your pictures showing what rest means to you.” – Your pictures of rest
- “This breathtaking melody is beloved enough when it’s sang by Judy Garland – but this new take on the old classic is enough to give you goosebumps.” – This Version of ‘Over The Rainbow’ Played on a Theremin Will Soothe Your Soul