Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- coucharchive 1.0.2 (Python) –Dump/restore a whole CouchDB server contents to/from a single tar.gz file.
- couch-rest 2.0.0 – An active record style crud module for CouchDB
- couchdb-change-events 2.0.0 – This library will emit changes done in CouchDB.
- replication-monitor 0.1.9 (Python) – Replication Monitor – a GTK+ tool for AvanceDB, CouchDB, PouchDB and Cloudant
- rest-on-couch 4.0.1 – Interface to CouchDB that allows the control of permissions on the documents
- cbox-vault 1.1.4 – PouchDB-based vault that encrypts/decrypts docs to/from the underlying db
- pouchdb-upsert-if-changed 1.0.1 – Upsert if unchanged plugin for PouchDB
- pouchdb-vue 0.0.6 – Reactive PouchDB bindings for Vuejs
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] CouchDB, PouchDB, and Ionic 2: An Introduction, Josh Morony
- [ARTICLE] Amazon quiet on big AWS outage, but an explanation could come soon, GeekWire
… and in the PouchDB Universe
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB 2.0 – How to autoincrement keys in a View?
- Create Document in CouchDB 2.0 fauxton using Java
- Atomicity of view updates in CouchDB
- Error while connecting db
no public answer yet:
- CouchDB 2.0: update_seq is not a number
- CouchDB 2.0 multiple replications
- Does using number type instead of string speed up performance in CouchDB?
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Show total number of rows in PouchDB
- When using PouchDB is all of the associated remote CouchDB database stored locally?
- Best practices for _id in PouchDB / CouchDB
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB reload issue in iOS version
- How can insert data separately into PouchDB
- Creating App wide and user specific databases with PouchDB
- Retrieve data from PouchDB and show in AngularJS
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- March 21, Munich, Germany: React Days 2017
- March 23, London, UK: IBM Cloudant & dashDB Workshop
- April 28-May 1, Berlin, Germany: Offline Camp
- May 6-7, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
- May 18-19, North Charleston (SC), US: SyntaxCon
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Full Stack Developer, Berlin, London or New York (NY) US
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior Backend Engineer/Architect, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior Software Engineer (.NET), St. Paul (MN), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Python Backend Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform startup, Salt Lake City (UT), US
- Integration Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
Time to relax!
- “Williams was suffering, she says, from nature withdrawal. She spent the next three years digging into the science of how nature works on our brains. In short, it makes us more relaxed, more creative, and more socially connected. She traveled to Japan and Finland, the deserts of Utah and the urban forests of Singapore, to study just how much we stand to gain by bring nature back into our lives.” – Anxiety, depression, distraction — what if the cure is just outside?
- “In this way, tDCS can modulate the signal-to-noise ratio in a select brain region and tweak information processing. The word “tweak” here is key. tDCS doesn’t transfer meaningful information — it only improves the ability of subjects to learn.” – Does Zapping Your Brain Actually Help You Learn Faster?
- “There’s no point in reading something if you don’t take some of it with you. This simple exercise, when used with diligent note taking, can help you retain more of everything you read.” – Improve Your Reading Comprehension by Writing Three-Sentence Summaries
- “If you grew up reading, Dr. Seuss should have ideally been a favourite on your bookshelves. His stories were super fun, the rhymes were lovely and, thankfully, they didn’t really have a moral compass or inclination, which meant we were free to interpret it the way we wished. Today, as we celebrate his 113th birth anniversary, here’s taking a look at some of his best works that you can still re-read and refresh all those childhood lessons if not memories.” – Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss: 5 Of His Children’s Books That Every Adult Needs To Read
- “When Johnson informed Ginsburg he would be leading me through her workout, she told him, ‘I hope he makes it through.’ This was obviously some sort of coded instruction to humiliate me, because after the stretching, Johnson announced he would make me use double the weight that Ginsburg did on the strength exercises to achieve the same effect.” – I Did Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Workout. It Nearly Broke Me.