Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchbackup 1.2.0 – CouchBackup is a command-line utility that allows a CouchDB database to be backed-up to a text file.
- pouchdb-sync-to-anything 0.1.0 – This is a plugin that lets you use CouchDBs replication algorithm with checkpointing, resuming, etc., but provide your own function to write the documents.
- npmdoc-pouchdb 0.0.1 – API documentation for PouchDB (v6.1.2)
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] CouchDB, PouchDB, and Ionic 2: Adding Comments, Josh Morony
- [SLIDE DECK] SQL, NoSQL and Beyond, Lorna Mitchell
- [POST] Multiple Search Keys in CouchDB, Lorna Mitchell
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] PouchDB & CouchDB: An interview with Nolan Lawson, Apache CouchDB
- [PODCAST] The Web Platform Podcast: 127: PouchDB
- [POST] CouchDB, PouchDB, and Ionic 2: Adding Posts and Live Data Updates, Josh Morony
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to call curl request to fetch data through design document?
- Cluster vs replication
- How to GROUP BY in a CouchDB reduce function
no public answer yet:
- Why use Elasticsearch with CouchDB when CouchDB 2.0 has /db/_find?
- How can I do CouchDB lucene search on date range?
- In CouchDB 2.0, why is last_seq on changes() different than update_seq on info()?
- How to recover CouchDB Futon Password on Windows
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Is PouchDB with LevelDB adapter supposed to create a local file?
- Accessing result of map/reduce within Ionic2 app using PouchDB
- PouchDB sync not giving a complete event
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- April 28-May 1, Berlin, Germany: Offline Camp
- May 6-7, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
- May 18-19, North Charleston (SC), US: SyntaxCon
- May 24, Atlanta (GA), US: php[tek] 2017 – CouchDB: Scalable NoSQL for Modern Applications
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Python Backend Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform startup, Salt Lake City (UT), US
- Senior Backend Engineer/Architect, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior Backend Software Engineer, San Francisco (CA), US
- Senior Software Engineer (.NET), St. Paul (MN), US
- Senior Software Engineer, Baltimore (MD), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Principal Software Developer, Camborne, UK
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
Time to relax!
- “Researchers say they’ve pinpointed a scientific explanation for why sounds from nature have such a restorative effect on our psyche: According to a new study, they physically alter the connections in our brains, reducing our body’s natural fight-or-flight instinct.” – Why Nature Sounds Help You Relax, According to Science
- “‘Direct your attention to the movement,’ the app Sway told me as I unconsciously sped up the rhythm of my languid to-and-fro. ‘You were going too slow,’ it prompted me a few minutes later when I accidentally dozed off. After five minutes of this repetitive motion, a gentle chime sounded, and a notification popped up telling me I had met my meditation goal for the day.” – An App That Tracks Your Movement to Help You Relax, Even in the Back of a Cab
- “‘Evolutionarily, sleep is about the dumbest thing you would ever do.’ While you are sleeping, you are rendered useless: you’re unconscious, you aren’t foraging or socializing, and you’re vulnerable to predation. Sleep should have been weeded out of living creatures long ago, but it hasn’t.” – We sleep less as we age because our brains don’t think we’re tired
- “There are obvious ways to tamp down the stress you inflict on others, such as refraining from yelling or making sarcastic comments. But those are only the most visible ways one risks alienating one’s coworkers; to truly stop the office pathology, you have to look deeper.” – 3 Small Things Every Person Can Do to Reduce Stress in Their Office
- “The news, of course, is a big factor of stress for many of us. Earlier this year, the American Psychological Association found that we’re more stressed than ever — and the election was to blame for a large part of that. To combat that, Blink Fitness is taking National Stress Awareness Month to switch its television programming to mood-lifting, news-free content.” – This Gym Is Turning Off The News To Combat Stress