- PouchDB 6.2.0 is out now!
- The 2017 Annual Apache CouchDB User Survey will be open until midnight tomorrow, so get your responses in soon.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couch-recliner 1.0.3 – Utility modules for interacting with CouchDB2.0/Cloudant using Nodejs. It retries requests and generally tries to keep things clean.
- davenport 2.1.0 – Davenport is a CouchDB client for simplifying common tasks like get, list, create, update and delete. It comes complete with full TypeScript definitions.
- easton – GeoSpatial Indexer for CouchDB 2.0
- node-couchdb-proxy 0.0.2 – ExpressJS CouchDB proxy middleware
- relax-server 2.0.1 – Relax Server is a minimum server that connects your clients to a CouchDB or any backend API.
- pouchdb-collate 6.2.0 – Collation functions for PouchDB map/reduce. Used by PouchDB map/reduce to maintain consistent CouchDB collation ordering.
- pouchdb-debug 6.2.0 – PouchDB.debug() API as a standalone module. Provides direct access to debug which can be used for debugging PouchDB’s internal operations.
- pouchdb-find 6.2.0 – Provides a simple, MongoDB-inspired query language that accomplishes the same thing as the map/reduce API, but with far less code.
- pouchdb-selector-core 6.2.0 – PouchDB find’s core selector as standalone module.
- sublevel-pouchdb 6.2.0 – Fork of level-sublevel with ony the subset of the API that PouchDB uses.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Building a game catalog with CouchDB, Andrew Bell
- [RFC] CouchDB users: couchup, a new 1.x -> 2.x migration tool, needs your testing!
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Does PouchDB really keep all document revisions forever?
- Can PouchDB bulkDocs trigger the “change” event just once?
- Is creating multiple PouchDB databases on the same application considered bad design?
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- April 28-May 1, Berlin, Germany: Offline Camp
- May 6-7, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
- May 18-19, North Charleston (SC), US: SyntaxCon
- May 24, Atlanta (GA), US: php[tek] 2017 – CouchDB: Scalable NoSQL for Modern Applications
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Python Backend Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform startup, Salt Lake City (UT), US
- Integration Developer, Los Angeles, (CA), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Backend Engineer with NodeJS, Atlanta (GA), US/Remote
- Senior Backend Software Engineer, San Francisco (CA), US
- Senior Software Engineer, Baltimore (MD), US
- Senior Software Engineer (.NET), St. Paul (MN), US
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
Time to relax!
- “Sure, this ancient practice has been around for hundreds of years, but our modern society is just now figuring out what benefits it has for our health. And one of those benefits is to our immune system – the system in our bodies that protects us from developing dangerous diseases and illnesses. Yoga has an absolutely incredible effect on our immune system, basically giving us a huge boost in that department of our bodies.” – 6 Ways Yoga Improves Your Immune System
- “On the flip side, good posture has positive effects in almost every aspect of your life. Apart from looking good, posture can also affect your energy and stress levels during the day. In turn, it can improve your productivity, boost your confidence, and uplift your mood.” – Four Simple Habits That Improve Your Posture
- “A guru of relaxation, Bob Ross possesses the calm, singsong voice of an angel. His dulcet tone and meandering conversational style puts viewers at absolute ease as he gradually constructs a picaresque landscape. Bob Ross is not only the soothing cup of hot cocoa at the end of a stressful day, he’s the ideal seasonal antidote to that pesky old grinch known as insomnia.” – Netflix’s ‘Chill With Bob Ross’ Is The Most Relaxing Show You’ll Never Finish Watching
- “Now scientists at Stanford University may have uncovered for the first time why taking deep breaths can be so calming. The research, on a tiny group of neurons deep within the brains of mice, also underscores just how intricate and pervasive the links are within our body between breathing, thinking, behaving and feeling.” – Why Deep Breathing May Keep Us Calm
- “There are two types of people: those who can sleep through anything, and those of us who hate those people. My husband falls asleep before his head even touches the pillow. Sometimes when I look over at him sleeping peacefully, I want to smother him.” – The Magical Machine That’ll Help You Sleep Better than Ambien
… and also in the news
- The Heart of Whiteness: Ijeoma Oluo Interviews Rachel Dolezal, the White Woman Who Identifies as Black
- Astronomers to peer into a black hole for first time with new Event Horizon Telescope
- The South’s Most Famous Abortion Doctor Is Also a Devout Christian
- An Economy without Women? 5 Facts to Know
- The Brain-Heart Dialogue Shows How Racism Hijacks Perception