Official CouchDB docker image moved (see thread)
The official CouchDB Docker image has moved to GitHub.
Debian/Ubuntu 2.0 packages – beta test ready! (see thread)
Debian & Ubuntu CouchDB 2.0.0 packages are ready for BETA testing. These packages support full auto-configuration and upgrades from CouchDB 1.x.
Scheduling Replicator (see thread)
There’s a proposal to merge two pull requests to update replication by introducing a status monitoring API and updated documentation.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- clusterpost-provider 1.3.0 – This is an Hapi plugin to Execute jobs in remote computing grids using a REST api.
- couchbeam_amuino 1.4.3-amuino.6 (Erlang) – Erlang CouchDB client + fixes
- couchdiff 0.3.0 – A command-line utility to calculate the difference between two Cloudant/CouchDB databases. It operates in one of three modes
- easton – GeoSpatial Indexer for CouchDB 2.0
- excel-couchdb-import 3.0.0 – imports Excel files (*.xls, *.xslx) into CouchDB/PouchDB documents, and transforms the sheets into JSON.
- hastings – GeoSpatial Search for CouchDB 2.0
- rest-on-couch 4.2.0 – Interface to CouchDB that allows the control of permissions on the documents.
- pouchdb-adapter-asyncstorage 6.2.0 – PouchDB adapter using AsyncStorage as its data store.
- pouchdb-react-native 6.2.0 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [PODCAST] The New Builders Ep. 32: Predictable, Progressive, Performant – A SXSW Encore on Offline First Apps
- [POST] Announcing Kivik: the general-purpose CouchDB client API for Go and GopherJS, Jonathan Hall
- [RFC] Spiegel – Scalable replication and change listening for CouchDB
- [POST] How to build offline web applications with CouchDB and PouchDB, Gabriel Poca
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Experimenting With The Mango .find() API In PouchDB 6.2.0, Ben Nadel
- [TUTORIAL] Monkey-Patching The Mango .find() Plugin To Use .allDocs() In PouchDB 6.2.0, Ben Nadel
- [POST] Understanding The Query Plan “Explained” By the Find Plugin In PouchDB 6.2.0, Ben Nadel
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to create a TEXT index in CouchDB 2.0?
- The _replicator database is not scalable or my design needs tweaking
- CouchDB 2.0 extremely slow PUT over external network, fast locally
no public answer yet:
- How to verify a CouchDB 2.0 cluster setup
- How to shard data in CouchDB
- CouchDB/PouchDB selector for deleted docs
- How are CouchDB 2.0 nodes split across servers?
- Is it advisable to use MapReduce to ‘flatten’ irregular entities in CouchDB?
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- Angular 4 PouchDB not updating service
- Filtered replication is not working as expected in PouchDB to CouchDB
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- April 28-May 1, Berlin, Germany: Offline Camp
- May 6-7, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
- May 18-19, North Charleston (SC), US: SyntaxCon
- May 24, Atlanta (GA), US: php[tek] 2017 – CouchDB: Scalable NoSQL for Modern Applications
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Integration Developer, Los Angeles, (CA), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Backend Engineer with NodeJS, Atlanta (GA), US/Remote
- Senior Backend Software Engineer, San Francisco (CA), US
- Senior Software Engineer (.NET), St. Paul (MN), US
- Embedded Software Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform, South Salt Lake (UT), US
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
Time to relax!
- “I was enjoying a dried seaweed snack the other day and wondered how they harvested seaweed. The answer was even cooler than I expected, involving underwater farms and a giant vacuum.” – Incredibly relaxing video of a seaweed farmer
- “[When] participants listened to natural sounds, their brain activity tended toward an outward focus in attention, which correlates with a detached sense of relaxation. When listening to artificial sounds, their attention focus shifted inward, which more closely correlates with rumination and anxiety.” – Science Offers Yet Another (Totally Relaxing) Reason To Go Outside
- “Justin Trudeau is here to lull you to sleep, and wish you a happy Earth Day. The Canadian prime minister released an incredibly soothing video on Saturday wishing everyone an active, outdoorsy, socially responsible holiday.” – Dream of Justin Trudeau thanks to his video message this Earth Day
- “While your ancestors needed to look out for wolves and bears, that same instinct is just distracting when you are trying to work. Fidget toys simply calm your animal instincts, making it easier to concentrate.” – The ultimate fidgeters bundle helps you beat stress with two premium desk toys
… and also in the news
- Cassini Spacecraft Starts Weaving Between Saturn And Its Rings
- This 10-Minute Routine Will Increase Your Clarity And Creativity
- How Office Culture Can Crush Women’s Ambitions
- Two Koreas: History at a glance
- Let These Slow Subway GIFs Ease You Through Old NYC