Notice: Submissions for the new CouchDB logo are open (SEE THREAD)
As announced, there will be a vote for a new logo for CouchDB soon. All submissions so far, minus the ones that resulted in a 404, are listed below. If a link is missing, please submit it to the thread.
- Paul Davis
- Nick Pavlica: 1, 2, 3
- Brad Noble
- Sean Barclay
- Constantin Angheloiu
- CouchDB’s current logo
A vote on the new logo will be started soon. If you are a fan of the old logo, don’t worry, since it will also be part of the vote.
Vote: Accept couchperuser codebase (SEE THREAD)
The vote passed.
Announcement: jqouch, a jq-based view server (SEE THREAD)
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- hapi-couchdb-auth-bearer-plugin 0.0.3 – Hapi CouchDB Auth Bearer Plugin
- angular-eha.couchdb-auth – simple Angular.js CouchDB auth interface
- couchshell 0.0.5 – a shell to interact with CouchDB as if it were a file system
- stork-odm 0.1.18 – providing a layer of document management over the CouchDB
- jimenez-couchdb-endpoints 0.0.1 – a wrapper around couchdb requests
- couchbackup 0.0.1 – command-line backup utility for CouchDB/Cloudant
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- What Happens When Apple Buys a Company You Depend On
- py-couchdb project is looking for a new maintainer. If someone is interested and would like to help, please contact Andrey Antukh (see contact details in this email).
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Stack Overflow
no public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow:
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Software Engineer, UK
- (Senior) System Engineer, Germany
- Senior PHP Backend Developer, Spain
Time to relax!
- “For a moment over the last month, we jumped out of our water and thought very critically about the environment within which we swim. More and more women and men are starting to “lean in” and take responsibility for changing the waters.” – A Fish is the last to discover Water
- “I hate running, but a few times a year I decide to be a runner. I update my cardio playlist, stretch my legs, and tell myself it’s going to be fun this time. And it is, for the first few minutes. Then at some point around mile three, I have to stop and walk. I turn into a sweaty, grunty, red-faced monster. An angry tomato in running shoes, floundering down the sidewalk.” – Enjoy the Walk
- “While gaming and the larger tech industry intersect and overlap in many ways, much of tech’s infrastructure, power and financial centers, and culture operate distinctly from the machinations of the gaming industry, and most of tech has been able to ignore the spread of GamerGate to date.” – GamerGate’s Next Target Is The Tech Industry: Are We Ready?
- “Working for a big business the word process can easily come up a dozen times in any given conversation. Depending on the individual you are speaking to it can come up multiple times in a single sentence. This is one of those words that is so overused that it begins to loose all meaning. The problem is that just saying you need process isn’t enough to solve your problem.”
- “Mansplaining (verb, gerund) describes the phenomenon of someone (usually a man, but not always) behaving as though he has superior knowledge to someone else (often a woman) who actually knows more about the topic in question than he does.” – Beyond Mansplaining: A New Lexicon of Misogynist Trolling Behaviors