[VOTE] CouchDB Logo – Round #3 (ongoing, SEE THREAD)
A third round to vote on the CouchDB logo was just started. The options to vote for are:
- Paul Davis
- Nick Pavlica
- Brad Noble
- Sean Barclay (Logo 1, Logo 2, Logo 3)
- Constantin Angheloiu
- Old logo
Please send your votes (+1 / 0 / -1) for each proposed candidate, so we can get an impression of which one(s) the community members like and which they don’t. The vote is open for non-committers as well.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- pouchdb-replication-stream 1.2.1 – PouchDB / CouchDB replication as a stream
- PouchDB 3.4.0: Better late than never
- angular-pouchdb 2.0.0 – AngularJS wrapper for PouchDB
- mrflashcard – Offline-capable flashcard webapp that syncs using CouchDB protocol
- hapi-couchdb-auth-bearer-plugin 0.0.5 – Hapi CouchDB Auth Bearer Plugin
- couchshell 0.0.7 – shell to interact with CouchDB as if it were a file system
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- Single Page Application with Angular.js, Node.js and CouchDB (Cradle Module) – (Updated for Express 4)
- Distributed event log with CouchDB – Multi-datacenter deployments, event sourcing and CouchDB
- CouchDB 2.0 (Developer Preview) with HTTP APIs
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Stack Overflow
no public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow:
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- April 30, Boston: CouchDB Catchup
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Node.js and / or Python Developer, France
- Ruby on Rails Engineer, USA (or remote)
- Intermediate/Senior Payment Systems Developer, Canada
- Senior Software Engineer, USA
Time to relax!
- “[E]xpectations for decision-making have gone from “get it done soon” to “get it done now” to “it should have been done yesterday,” we tend to jump to conclusions instead of asking more questions. And the unfortunate side effect of not asking enough questions is poor decision-making. That’s why it’s imperative that we slow down and take the time to ask more — and better — questions.” – Relearning the Art of asking Questions
- “Why were programmers hiring for ninjas, espousing meditation, and writing “koans?” Why were these faux-Asian aspirations so widespread?” – Damaged Karma: Commoditization and Exploitation of Asians in Tech
- “I see people writing about ‘callout culture’ a lot, and while a lot of digital ink seems to be spilled on scrutinising the behaviour of people who do the calling out, very little seems to get said about ways to constructively react when you are the recipient of a callout.” – So You’ve Been Called Out: A Handy Guide to Receiving Social Justice-Related Criticism on the Internet